The Senior Big Data Engineer we are looking for is first and foremost passionate about his job.
If you apply for this position we’ll be happy to meet you, the person, and not the Senior Big Data Engineer. We’ll tailor our offer around what you are looking for, your past experiences and what you wish you were doing right now.
As a general reference, you can find below the details about the expertise we are mostly looking toward, but we’ll be more than happy to get to know you even if you cover them partially or even not at all, if those are the kind of things you want to put hard work into mastering day after day.
Alongside a technically challenging and rewarding professional path we offer a MacBook Pro for personal and professional use, an environment that reject competition, the reimbursement of cultural activities (up to a certain amount), smart-working solutions and genuine passion for anything IT.
Our office is in Pavia, at a 10 minutes walk from the train station and about a 40 minutes drive from Milan.
When you apply, don’t forget to mention, within the CV or in the form if you opt to take that, your repositories.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 years as Java developer
- At least 4 years as developer expert in processing of big amount of data
- Solid experience of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with integration of data from various different data sources
- Good experience with ETL tools (Talend Open Studio, Kettle Pentaho or similar)
- Good experience with highly performant and scalable ETL jobs
- Build automation (Maven or Gradle) and versioning systems (Git – Gitflow))
Nice to have
- Apache Spark
- Apache Ignite
- Experience with SQL queries
- Testing methodologies (TDD)
- Experience of development with Scala
- Monitoring cluster (Spark/Hadoop) performance
- RESTful JSON services
- Microservice architectures
- Cloud infrastructures (Openshift, AWS)
- English Fluency